Monday, December 10, 2007

Why I never make time for myself....


One of the hardest parts of being a mom (for me at least) is balancing my life with theirs. I want to have time for myself and pursue my own interests, but it is usally for a hefty price. Sometimes I am willing to pay the price and sometimes I'm not. Last week, I finally decided I would demand a few minutes to myself and finish a project on the computer. In my ten minute absense, Grace and Jacob peeled an entire box of satsumas. The picture doesn't show the satsumas that they already managed to consume. How does the state figure that a seven to one adult to child ratio is sufficient when I seem to struggle with two?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I hear you! I feel the exact same way! Riley loves to get into the little oranges too, ever since she learned how to peel them herself. She has more fun peeling them than eating them.

Andelin said...

Ooh...I know all too well! In fact, just now, after reading some blogs, I found that Eden has emptied out an entire mega-bag of wipes all over my bedroom floor!